FREE Online Courses – Start your course today!
Online courses are one of the most flexible learning styles available. They are fantastic for anyone with a busy schedule as you can choose your learning environment whether that’s at home, out and about or in your work environment.
There is a range of teaching materials to work your way through, and at the end of each section you will complete a short assessment. The courses are broken down so that you can complete small sections even if you only have a short amount of time.
Online courses can also provide you with the perfect stepping stone before beginning another course or allow you to find out more about a specific subject area of interest.
If you’re looking to access higher education online, you can start any of the courses below right now!
The courses below are sectioned into the approximate ours required to study and complete the course. Some students may take longer to complete a course than the approximate timeframe but there is no need to worry, this is just a guide.
Courses taking up to 10 hours to complete:
- Mental Health Awareness Award Level 1
- Alcohol Awareness Award Level 1
- Substance Misuse Award Level 1
- Stress Awareness Award Level 1
- Health and Wellbeing in the Workplace (Online) Level 1
- Developing Customer Service Skills Level 1
- Health and Safety Awareness Award Level 1
- Managing Your Money Award Level 1
- Employability Skills Hub
Courses taking from 10-20 hours to complete:
- Award in Nutrition and Health Level 1
- Preparing to Work in Schools Award Level 1
- Introduction to Forest School Award Level 1
- Safeguarding in a Learning Environment Award Level 1
- Suicide Awareness Level 2
Courses taking from 20-30 hours to complete:
Courses taking from 30-40 hours to complete:
- Improving Personal Exercise, Nutrition, and Health Level 2
- Understanding Adverse Childhood Experiences Certificate Level 2
- Understanding Domestic Abuse Level 2
- Counselling Skills Certificate Level 2
- Understanding Behaviour that Challenges Certificate Level 2
- Equality and Diversity Certificate Level 2
- Understanding Safeguarding and Prevent Certificate Level 2
- Understanding Mental Health in the Early Years Certificate Level 2
Courses taking from 40-50 hours to complete:
- Understanding Children and Young People’s Mental Health Certificate Level 2
- Information, Advice or Guidance Certificate Level 2
- Understanding Specific Learning Difficulties Certificate Level 2
- Mental Health Awareness Certificate Level 2
Courses taking from 50-60 hours to complete:
The courses above will be fully subsidised for those who are over 19, have been resident in the UK for three years, with an exception of those who live within a devolved adult education area and those currently enrolled on an apprenticeship – please click here for more information.
We reserve the right to recover costs incurred if you withdraw from the course or do not complete the activities.
Any questions regarding funding eligibility, please contact the Helpzone Team on [email protected].
Have you previously completed and online level 1 or 2 course and want to progress further? The level 3 courses below are a great opportunity for you to take your study to the next level.
Distance Learning Courses
The courses below will have a cost to them, however there is funding available if you are eligible. Click here to find out more or contact the Helpzone Funding Team by calling 08000 380123 or email [email protected].
Similarly, distance learning courses allow you to study wherever you are, arranging your studies around your work or family life. You will be sent specialist learning resources such as text books and will learn using study materials and online learning resources that are designed for active learning.
You will have access to an online learning platform that includes innovative, interesting lessons and full support from a personal tutor. Take a look at our options available here!
FAQs and guidelines
Here are some things to consider before you begin.
How do I log on?
When you first enrol a set of instructions will be emailed to you by a College administrator. This administrator will also be an additional point of contact for you throughout your time on this online course.
How do I access my feedback?
When your work is marked you will receive an email informing you of your feedback. We ask that you change your email address on the platform to enable the feedback to be sent to your preferred email.
How long do I have to wait for my work to be marked?
A team of assessors are marking daily, with the aim that all submitted work is marked and returned within 10 working days. However, during busy periods we may need to extend this time frame.
Can I access my tutor?
Your tutor is available through the online learning platform or direct email. You will be given a named tutor for your programme when you enrol.
For more information and how to apply please email us or call 08000 380123.