FREE Online Courses – Start your course today!
Online courses are one of the most flexible learning styles available. They are fantastic for anyone with a busy schedule as you can choose your learning environment whether that’s at home, out and about or in your work environment.
There is a range of teaching materials to work your way through, and at the end of each section you will complete a short assessment. The courses are broken down so that you can complete small sections even if you only have a short amount of time.
Online courses can also provide you with the perfect stepping stone before beginning another course or allow you to find out more about a specific subject area of interest.
If you’re looking to access higher education online, you can start any of the courses below right now!
CHILDCARE AND EARLY YEARS
- Understanding Common Childhood Illnesses Certificate Level 2
- Understanding Adverse Childhood Experiences Certificate Level 2
- Introduction to Caring for Children and Young People Level 2
- Award in Nutrition and Health Level 1
- Award in Nutrition and Health Level 2
- Improving Personal Exercise, Nutrition, and Health Level 2
- Employability Skills Hub
- Health and Safety Awareness Award Level 1
- Understanding Climate Change and Environmental Awareness Level 2
HEALTH AND CARE
SPECIAL EDUCATIONAL NEEDS
TEACHING AND EDUCATION
- Safeguarding in a Learning Environment Award Level 1
- Preparing to Work in Schools Award Level 1
- Understanding Behaviour that Challenges Certificate Level 2
- Understanding Children and Young People’s Mental Health Certificate Level 2
- Information, Advice or Guidance Certificate Level 2
- Alcohol Awareness Award Level 1
- Substance Misuse Award Level 1
- Stress Awareness Award Level 1
- Understanding Specific Learning Difficulties Certificate Level 2
We reserve the right to recover costs incurred if you withdraw from the course or do not complete the activities.
Distance Learning Courses
HEALTH AND CARE
Similarly, distance learning courses allow you to study wherever you are, arranging your studies around your work or family life. You will be sent specialist learning resources such as text books and will learn using study materials and online learning resources that are designed for active learning.
You will have access to an online learning platform that includes innovative, interesting lessons and full support from a personal tutor. Take a look at our options available here!
FAQs and guidelines
Here are some things to consider before you begin.
How do I log on?
When you first enrol a set of instructions will be emailed to you by a College administrator. This administrator will also be an additional point of contact for you throughout your time on this online course.
How do I access my feedback?
When your work is marked you will receive an email informing you of your feedback. We ask that you change your email address on the platform to enable the feedback to be sent to your preferred email.
How long do I have to wait for my work to be marked?
The aim is to have work marked weekly. However, during busy periods we may need to extend this time frame.
Can I access my tutor?
Your tutor is available through the online learning platform or direct email. You will be given a named tutor for your programme when you enrol.
For more information and how to apply please email us or call 08000 380123.