Work-based degrees and higher apprenticeships
Just like normal apprenticeships, higher and degree apprenticeships combine on the job training while studying towards a high level qualification. Higher and degree apprenticeships are available at a range of levels, from the equivalent of a foundation degree to a bachelor’s degree.
Higher and degree apprenticeships are an excellent way of succession planning and an excellent tool to to retain talent within your business, stay competitive and plan for the future.
Key features of higher and degree apprenticeships:
- The potential to achieve graduate and postgraduate-level qualifications whilst learning and earning in a real business
- The chance to gain a professional accreditation and membership
- New opportunities for career progression
- A clear pathway to achieving your ambitions in the workplace, plus higher earning capacity, recognition and status
- A unique, new way of developing professional-level, job specific skills while remaining in employment and earning a salary
- No debt via student loans as the Government has announced additional budget to fund the higher education qualifications that make up a higher apprenticeship
- With higher apprentices learning at work, they’re able to develop the knowledge and occupational competencies demanded by specific job roles, and meet the unique needs of your business
- Higher apprentices can keep your business up-to-date with the latest techniques and technology, increasing your productivity for the future
- You can develop existing staff as they work with your higher apprentice, through mentoring opportunities and more
- Higher apprenticeships can attract higher calibre staff and help you develop a more motivated and committed workforce
We offer a wide range of higher and degree apprenticeships to suit your business. For a free, and impartial chat about how South Devon College can help your business with it’s range of training, please contact us today on [email protected] and a member of the team will get in touch with you.