Message from Laurence Frewin, Vice Principal Corporate Services and Deputy CEO
Thank you for your interest in working for South Devon College. We are passionate that outstanding teaching and learning can transform lives. We seek to achieve at the highest levels and welcome staff who share our drive for success.
The staff at South Devon College are truly inspirational and this is a reflection on the whole College culture of continuous improvement and support for all of our students and communities. We hold the prestigious Investors in People (IIP) Platinum accreditation, the highest level awarded by the people management standard. This prominent distinction confirms the College’s status as not just a leading Further Education College, but also as a top employer in the country, as it joins the top 7% of accredited organisations across the UK.
We aim to provide our learners with outstanding teaching and learning. Our staff are highly adept at working with and developing skills and knowledge in learners from different backgrounds. Staff have consistently high expectations of all learners and generate high levels of enthusiasm for participation in, and commitment to learning.
We invite you to find out more about working for South Devon College and becoming a part of our exciting future.
Employee benefits at South Devon College
- Auto enrolment into a pension with significant contribution from the College and Death in Service Benefits
- Excellent holiday entitlement
- Mama Bears Nursery available on-site and the option to join the Childcare Voucher Scheme saving on tax
- Fully equipped gym with membership at only £5 a month
- Vast range of unlimited exercise classes to choose from including yoga and spinning at £10 a month (includes use of the gym)
- Free eye tests and support towards the cost of glasses
- Opportunity to take advantage of treatments in our Inspirations Salon at great prices
- Sports massage treatments
- Wine and dine in our Horizons Restaurant enjoying a la carte menus at affordable prices
- Eligibility to purchase an NUS card
- Convenient and easy on-site parking
- Excellent bus pass rates at £300 per year for a Dayrider Pass
- Option to join the Cycle to Work Scheme
- The College will fund and support training and development opportunities
We also employ apprentices across the College in various departments. Sophie started as an apprentice at the College and now has a permanent role as a Quality and Innovation Senior Administrator:
I applied for a Customer Service apprenticeship in the South West Energy Centre as it was something different to what I had done before. I was offered the job immediately after my interview, which I accepted as I felt this was a good opportunity for me to expand my skills.
Within my time there, I had the opportunity to take multiple courses alongside my Customer Service and work in a range of different departments, allowing me to make the most of my experience. I felt very welcome in my position and I received plenty of support and advice along the way. I learned more in my one year apprenticeship then I originally thought I would and a range of different useful skills that I can transfer into different job roles if needed.
I would recommend people to apply for an apprenticeship at the College as for me, it has been an amazing experience that has opened my eyes to this field of work. I am proud of where I work and I am also very thankful for the opportunities that South Devon College has given me.
I don’t feel that I would have been offered the same development options or received the same level of support had I completed the same apprenticeship in a different company.
Now I have completed my apprenticeship, I am now a full time employee at South Devon College and hoping to stay working for the College for years to come!
Ready to join the South Devon College Team? View our current vacancies.