To help students with disabilities or learning difficulties succeed on their chosen courses at South Devon College, will make sure you:
- Receive guidance and support from experienced staff in your programme of study
- Receive, where appropriate, individual support in and/or outside class
- Are encouraged to develop your self-esteem, independence and assertiveness skills
It is our aim to encourage the participation of students:
- With physical disabilities
- With sensory impairments, such as visual or hearing difficulties
- With learning difficulties and disabilities
- With mental health problems
- With any other disabilities as defined by the Equality Act 2010
We are committed to offering educational opportunities to a wide range of students and to offering the advice and support necessary for people with disabilities or learning difficulties to join the courses they wish to study and to succeed on them.
Students who have a disability are welcome to call us to discuss their individual needs.
Rights to Access
South Devon College is committed to ensuring that people with a disability, including those with learning difficulties, are treated fairly. If you have a disability, please let us know what you need so that we can make all reasonable adjustments to enable you to access your learning.
We will provide, wherever possible, as wide a range of opportunities and support for students who have disabilities and/or learning difficulties and have a commitment to encourage you to join chosen courses wherever appropriate. We have the facilities and are happy to produce learning materials in a variety of formats where necessary. We can, if appropriate, provide a range of equipment to help students access learning, and additional support is available within the classroom or workshop environment if required.
For further details, or information on how the college can help please contact our Helpzone team.
If you have any queries regarding cross college facilities/support for students with disabilities/learning difficulties please phone 01803 540373.
South Devon College is committed to providing websites which are accessible. We make reasonable adjustments to ensure our websites are accessible to all users and make ongoing improvements to enhance the user experience.
The South Devon College website has been developed to best practice coding conventions corresponding with guidelines stipulated by the World Wide Web Consortium (W3C) Web Accessibility Initiative (WAI) Web Content Accessibility Guidelines 2.0 (WCAG 2.0) and successfully XHTML 1.0 transitional valid.
We recommend that you upgrade your web browser to one which fully supports web standards. The following browsers have been tested for compatibility:
- Chrome (Windows and Mac)
- Safari (Mac)
- Firefox (Windows and Mac)
- Internet Explorer (Windows)
All modern web browsers provide the functionality to make the screen easier to read. Follow the links below if you would like to change the text size, fonts, and colours:
- Increase text size in the browser – click here
- Change the background and text colours in your browser – click here
- Change the fonts in your browser – click here