Digital Production, Design and Development T Level
Is this course right for my business?
T Levels build on students’ knowledge and skills in software engineering. We developed our skills in design, development, and testing. The course gives more experience than other courses in the field. Roles this T Level can go into would include project management, junior games development, web development, and IT support.
What will students learn?
- Project management
- Soft skills such as time management
- Software design documents
- Database development (PHPMyAdmin/SQL)
- General digital legislation
- Basic networking (devices, data transmission, topologies, network security)
- Using APIs
- Basic security (such as encryption, HTML encoding)
Units of study
- Problem solving
- Introduction to programming
- Business contexts
- Digital environments
- Web development
- Secure website development
What skills could a T Level student bring to the 315 hour Industry Placement?
- Python (including Pandas, Plotio)
- Database development (SQL)
- Games development (Unity)
- 3D modelling (Blender)
- Video editing
What can you do with this T Level?
- Web Developer
- Web Designer
- Software Developer
- Computer Games Tester
- Computer Games Developer
- E-Learning Developer
- User Experience (UX) Designer
Training and Assessment
T Levels include going to college three/four days per week for two years and using the other two days for further development or work placements.
The T Level is focused on creating a software project from start to finish including presenting ideas to stakeholders, designs, developing solutions with incremental testing, through to finalizing with the stakeholders.
We have a tutorial program which helps to develop our soft skills in CV building, confidence building, interview skills, time management, stress management.
Assessment is covered by two exams, one employer set project (related to project management and software development), and occupational specialism project (a 67 hours project based on secure website development with a database back end).