South Devon College Marine Academy in Kingswear, Dartmouth, is based on the River Dart and is a maritime centre of excellence for training and education. We are an approved training centre for The Royal Yachting Association (RYA), a member of The British Marine Federation (BMF) and The Institute for Outdoor Learning (IOL), and an accredited centre for City and Guilds, EAL Awards and the University of Plymouth.
Launch into your new career!
Do you want to train or re-train for a career in the marine industry?
Our excellent facilities include:
- 2 coded yachts: A Sigma 38 and a Beneteau Oceanis Clipper 381
- 5 Rigid Hulled Inflatable Boats (RIBs)
- 2 displacement boats
- Launch and recovery vehicle with winch
- Marine engineering workshop and a boat building workshop
- Marine diagnostic software
- Composites research and development facility
- RS Sailing Academy with a range of performance dinghies
- Shore based navigation and VHF training facility
Hear what people have to say…
Pete Muskett, Sailing Development Officer for the RYA
“Thank you for your help with the Safety Boat course at the weekend. It was a great success and exceeded all of the required outcomes. The professionalism, knowledge and coaching skills provided by Claire Smith and Andy Wright were as always exemplary. The outstanding college equipment and facilities are a credit to the South Devon College team.”
South Devon Marine Academy, Premier Marinas, Noss-On-Dart, Bridge Road, Dartmouth, Devon TQ6 0EA