Our curriculum is designed to help pupils succeed and prepare for their next steps into further and higher education and employment.
In line with statutory requirements, pupils will study a broad Key Stage 4 curriculum, including 3 academic qualifications (English, Maths and Science GCSEs) plus core P.E. and P.S.H.E. (unexamined), and 6 further GCSE options of which up to 3 must be technical qualifications. In each technical qualification pupils will gain a depth of knowledge, skill and expertise, whilst gaining a GCSE for each qualification. The specialised qualifications will include more practical learning, projects, visits and work placements to gain a better understanding of the chosen subject. Lessons will be exciting and hands-on. Up to 9 GCSEs will be completed in total.
- Animal Care
- Business Studies
- Childcare and Development (Technical) – designed to inspire those interested in a career in an early years setting. You will cover the key aspects of child development, with both theoretical and practical study.
- Computer Science
- Computing (Technical) – this covers the online world, technology systems, event driven programming, website production and computer networks, and is the perfect introduction if you are interested in a career in computing.
- Creative Arts (Technical) – this allows you to explore a variety of traditional and new art processes, studying mediums including drawing, printmaking, painting, photography, fashion, textiles and 3D design.
- Digital Media (Technical) – this focuses on creativity, problem solving and production skills, utilising cutting-edge resources for game design, digital graphics and filmmaking.
- Health and Social Care (Technical) – this will help you prepare for a career in nursing, occupational therapy and midwifery. You will learn various skills, such as good practice in health and social care, promoting health and wellbeing and many more.
- Hi Tech Electronics (Technical) – this is the perfect opportunity for those who want a career in this exciting industry, where you will gain an understanding of system controls, electronic principles, automation programming and Computer Aided Design.
- Hospitality (Technical) – this covers the products and services that are offered and the essential processes involved in operating a hospitality business. You will learn a variety of skills that are essential to the local hospitality job market.
- Photography (Technical) – you will engage in still and moving image using traditional and new technologies. You will study subject matter personal to you and have the opportunity to work with a range of genres and styles.
- Sport Science (Technical) – this focuses on the physiological aspects of sport, relating to responses to exercise, sports injuries, sports psychology, nutrition and the science behind training and fitness.