9th February 2024
South Devon College’s Apprenticeship Awards are always a highlight in our yearly calendar as we join forces with employers to champion our talented apprentices and celebrate the skills and career prospects that apprenticeships offer.
The prestigious awards, held annually since 2017, will be held at The Grand Hotel Torquay, where apprentices, businesses, staff, family, friends and key college stakeholders come together to salute success!
As apprenticeships are a unique collaboration between valued employers, the College and the apprentices themselves, we would love you all to nominate an apprentice of any age and in any sector who stands out for all the right reasons.
Everyone is welcome to nominate – are you an employer with an apprentice who has impressed you with their determination and commitment?
Are you a College staff member who can see the hard work and dedication of your apprentice learner or knows the dedication of an apprentice employer?
Or are you an apprentice who would like to nominate a fellow colleague, supportive line manager, employer or college staff member for going above and beyond?
The Apprenticeship Awards evening culminates in the Apprentice of the Year award, recognising an outstanding level of achievement and contribution to the workplace, where the winner is selected from all our deserving apprentices.
Nominations close on Thursday 28th March. Visit South Devon College Apprenticeship Awards 2024 (office.com) to nominate.
The Awards Evening wouldn’t be what it is without the valued support from employers and businesses who kindly take out various sponsorship packages. Not only does this help to raise awareness of our apprentices, it also brings these businesses to the forefront of our community – we see approximately 280 people at the Apprenticeship Awards ceremony and up to 140 at our networking dinner, plus a collective following of over 27,000 people across our social media channels.
If you’re interested in one of our sponsorship packages, please find out more here: Apprenticeship Awards Sponsorship Package Options – South Devon College
We look forward to welcoming shortlisted apprentices and employers and staff members on 15th May at The Grand Hotel – it will be an evening of celebrations!
Here are the categories in which you can nominate:
- Automotive Apprentice of the Year
- Beauty and Hairdressing Apprentice of the Year
- Business and Management Apprentice of the Year
- Catering Apprentice of the Year
- Computing Apprentice of the Year
- Construction Apprentice of the Year
- Digital Media Apprentice of the Year
- Engineering Apprentice of the Year
- Health Apprentice of the Year
- Hospitality Apprentice of the Year
- Marine Apprentice of the Year
- Plumbing and Electrical Apprentice of the Year
- Sport Apprentice of the Year
- Teaching and Learning Apprentice of the Year
- Higher Level/Degree Apprentice of the Year
- Best Large Employer (for employers with 50 employees or more)
- Best Small Employer (for employers with 49 or less employees)
- South Devon College Apprenticeship Staff Member of the Year
- Employer Staff Apprenticeship Ambassador
- Apprentice of the Year