17th September 2021
Update COVID: Advice to all students 17/09/2021
Dear students, parents and carers
I last emailed you on 10/09/2021 with all the necessary Covid information required for the start of term. This link will take you the Covid-19 section of the college website where you will find all the information and resources from the College
Please see below for important new/updated information since my last email.
- Covid – recommended precautions for all staff and students who attend College
- Covid Testing – students
- Current approach to Test and Trace within SDC
- Vaccination clinics at the Riviera Centre
- Reporting COVID-19 Cases: Latest data
1. Covid – recommended precautions for all staff and students attending College – these are continuing for the foreseeable future
- wear face coverings when indoors in public places and in communal areas of the College buildings
- wash your hands regularly and thoroughly
- test yourself regularly with rapid lateral flow device tests
- consider having the COVID-19 vaccine when offered
- self-isolate and arrange a PCR test if you show any symptoms of coronavirus or you are told to by NHS Test and Trace
- stop the virus spreading by limiting your social contacts and meeting others outside
2. Covid Testing – students
Students are asked to conduct home testing on a Wednesday and Sunday evening after 6pm. Tutors will ensure that students have a constant supply of home testing kits. Test kits can also be collected by students from the ‘Student Space’ in The Street.
Students must also share their results with the College via the Covid test results form, as soon as possible after a test, so that if positive, the College can monitor any localised ‘outbreaks’. The College will be reviewing who completes this form, as well as the results, and keeping Public Health England informed of the numbers of students conducting home tests. Please note our SDC COVID results reporting form has been simplified again to make it quicker and easier for students to report their results.
We will continue to constantly review our approach, following the latest government guidance and will adapt what we do accordingly. Please do whatever you can to keep everyone safe.
3. Current approach to Test and Trace within SDC
If a student tests positive on a lateral flow device:
If a student has Covid symptoms or tests positive on a lateral flow device, they must isolate and arrange a PCR test and inform the College of the result. Household members should also isolate unless they are fully vaccinated or under 18 and six months, until the result is known. Contacts do not need to isolate at this stage.
If a student tests positive on a PCR test:
If a student receives a positive PCR result, they must isolate for 10 days. Household members should also isolate unless they are fully vaccinated or under 18 and six months. Household members should book a PCR test. Identified close contacts should also isolate unless they are fully vaccinated or under 18 and six months. Identified close contacts should also book a PCR test.
4. Vaccination clinics at the Riviera Centre
Vaccination Clinics at the Riviera Centre
|TUESDAY 21ST SEPTEMBER||08:00-18:00 (booked appointments 09:00-15:30, walk-ins 08:30-15:00)|
|MONDAY 27TH SEPTEMBER||08:00-18:00 (booked appointments 08:30-17:15)|
|TUESDAY 28TH SEPTEMBER||08:00-18:00 (booked appointments 08:30-17:15)|
|WEDNESDAY 29TH SEPTEMBER||08:00-18:00 (booked appointments 08:30-17:15)|
|THURSDAY 30TH SEPTEMBER||08:00-18:00 (booked appointments 08:30-17:15)|
|FRIDAY 1STOCTOBER||08:00-18:00 (booked appointments 08:30-17:15)|
5. Reported COVID-19 Cases: Latest data
The table below gives the most up-to-date picture of COVID-19 infections at South Devon College in all areas.
|Weekly cases: (Total confirmed positive cases reported in the last week)||7|
|Total cases: (A running total of positive/presumed positive cases reported to the College by students and staff since the first case was reported on Wednesday 7th October 2020)||151|
Once again, I would like to take this opportunity to welcome you at the start of the new Academic Year.
Principal and CEO
South Devon College