10th September 2021
Dear students, parents and carers
I last emailed you on 03/09/2021 with all the necessary Covid information required for the start of term. This link will take you the Covid-19 section of the college website where you will find all the information and resources from the College
Please see below for new/updated information since my last email.
- Covid – recommended precautions for all staff and students who attend College
- Reporting COVID-19 Cases: Latest data
1. Covid – recommended precautions for all staff and students attending College
- wear face coverings when indoors in public places and in communal areas of the College buildings
- wash your hands regularly and thoroughly
- test yourself regularly with rapid lateral flow device tests
- consider having the COVID-19 vaccine when offered
- self-isolate and arrange a PCR test if you show any symptoms of coronavirus or you are told to by NHS Test and Trace
- stop the virus spreading by limiting your social contacts and meeting others outside
We will continue to constantly review our approach, following the latest government guidance and will adapt what we do accordingly. Please do whatever you can to keep everyone safe.
2. Reported COVID-19 Cases: Latest data
The table below gives the most up-to-date picture of COVID-19 infections at South Devon College in all areas.
|Weekly cases: 5 (Total confirmed positive cases reported in the last week)|
|Total cases: 144 (A running total of positive/presumed positive cases reported to the College by students and staff since the first case was reported on Wednesday 7th October 2020)|
I look forward to welcoming you all to the 2021/22 Academic Year at South Devon College. Thank you for your support.
Principal and CEO
South Devon College