6th May 2019
UCSD are proud to announce that our sixth annual research showcase is taking place between 7th-10th May 2019. The showcase is designed to celebrate the scholarly success of Foundation Degree and BA/BSc students. As a key value of Higher Education, many of our degree programmes offer students the opportunity to undertake first-hand research activity, so it is right that we provide a platform for their discoveries to be shared.
More than 60 students will be presenting their research, alongside industry experts. This is a fantastic opportunity to support students with their presentations, along with developing knowledge on key topic areas, as well as gaining an insight into supporting future research. This event is divided into ten distinct showcases, representing the expansive range of University programmes on offer at UCSD. The structure for this year’s showcase is:
Tuesday 7th May:
- Sciences – Keynote talk by Paula Baker, Laying Hen Welfare Forum
- Construction, Marine and Yacht – Keynote talk by Tony Horsey, Managing Director for Godfrey Associates
- Education (PM) – keynote talk by Ian Blackwell, Dangerous Dads Network CIC
Wednesday 8th May
- Arts and Media – keynote talk by Jamie Carruthers, Lead Employee Communication and Engagement Partner for Pro:Direct
- Computing and Engineering – keynote talk by Henry Bower, Babcock International
Thursday 9th May
Many thanks to Torbay Medical Research Fund for sponsoring this day of the Research Showcase.
- Social Sciences and Education – Keynote talk by Sally Squires, South Devon College, and a representative from the Torbay Domestic Abuse Service
- Health – Keynote talk by Nicola Dames, CEO at Vanilla Blush
- Sports, Outdoor and Adventure – keynote talk by Dan Feasey, Head Sports Therapist at Torquay United
Friday 10th May
- Management and Law – Keynote talk by Sally Rice, Michelmores
- History – Keynote talk by Dr Kevin Dixon, Chair for Healthwatch Torbay and on the board of Torbay Culture
Below is the structure of the courses with students that will be presenting research at the showcase:
All days of the event will take place at University Centre South Devon, Long Road, TQ4 7EJ, from 10am-4pm on each day.
If you have any questions regarding the showcase then please email [email protected]