29th June 2016
All summer long we will be joining The Herald Express for a celebration of our magnificent Geopark South Devon scenery, and there are great prizes to be won!
Here’s how it works:
Take a look at this list of 10 beautiful locations:
- Berry Head at the remains of the Norman Fort
- Occombe Farm
- Kent’s Cavern with a caveman/cavewoman
- Meadfoot beach and surrounding area
- Brixham Museum
- Rock Walk and the Royal Terrace Gardens
- Cockington Court Craft Studios
- Agatha Christie’s brass bust
- Torre Abbey’s Spanish Barn or Tearooms
- Torquay Museum.
Take your camera along and grab a selfie in one of these locations, then upload it to Facebook with the tags #southdevoncollege and #heraldexpress before the closing date, 25th August 2016.
In September the English Riviera will host the prestigious Global Geopark Conference, which will attract delegates from all over the world.
The best five pictures will win a prize!
Prizes include: tickets to Kents Cavern, tickets to Torquay Museum, beauty treatments at South Devon College, membership to the South Devon College gym and free meals at the South Devon College.
Resources for the competition can be found below to help you with your hunt!