Our Schools Liaison and Transitions Co-ordinator, Georgina Cleasby, is available to support your students through one-to-one impartial guidance, or via group sessions and assemblies. Please email email@example.com to discuss your ideas and needs for supporting your students with their transition.
At South Devon College, our priority is to help you achieve your goals and begin a successful career in your chosen sector, no matter what your age. We have a dedicated team of professional, qualified staff, who attend to your individual needs and provide you with the best possible experience.
We can assist you with:
- Exploring your career choices (even if you’re unsure where to start!)
- Writing and developing your C.V.
- Preparation for job interviews
- Further courses of study
- Financial support
- Jobs at South Devon College
Our team is located on the top floor (level 3) of the main building, just inside the main entrance. Why not come and see the team and for a friendly, impartial chat about your future plans?
For course advice and guidance please call 08000 380 123 or drop in and see the team
Careers Programme 2020-21
The Careers programme has been developed in consultation with the Senior Leadership Team, Governors and Tutorial and Progress Managers having been informed by student and employer feedback. The programme aims to fulfil Gatsby Benchmarks and meet Careers Development Institute framework elements including Self-Development, Careers Exploration and Career Management.
Provider Access Policy
This policy statement sets out the College’s arrangements for managing the access of providers to students at the College for the purpose of giving them information about the provider’s education or training offer. This complies with the College’s legal obligations under Section 42B of the Education Act 1997.
All students in years 12-13 are entitled:
- To find out about Technical Education qualifications, Apprenticeships opportunities and Higher Education qualifications as part of a careers programme which provides information on the full range of education and training options available at each transition point
- To hear from a range of local providers about the opportunities they offer, including Technical Education, Apprenticeships and Higher Education – through internal and external events, group discussions and taster events
- To understand how to make applications for the full range of academic and Technical courses
Management of provider access requests
A provider wishing to request access should contact Jess Tucker, Head of Tutorial and Learner Progress – Advice and Guidance, Careers and Work Experience.
Telephone: 01803 540560 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Opportunities for access
A number of events, integrated into the College’s careers programme, will offer providers an opportunity to come into college to speak to students and/or their parents/carers including Open Events.