Our Team of professionals can help your business recruit seasonal or part time staff through our unique Job Shop.
Our students have time when they can work:
- On their days off from College
- In the evenings
- At weekends
- In the holidays
South Devon College has over 13,000 students aged between 16 and 60+ across a wide range of skills and abilities. We actively encourage our students to find part time jobs, work experience or Apprenticeships, not only to support local businesses, but also to help the students make the transition into the world of employment. We pride ourselves on enabling our students to develop as skilled and confident individuals.
What makes the Job Shop different?
We can help our students to prepare before they come to you. All the students whose details we forward to you will receive focused pre-employment support and guidance, so that you have the best choice of employment-ready students.
This service is completely free of charge.
What will the College do?
- Check with you that we have all the details of your vacancy requirements
- Advertise your vacancy internally in the College
- Offer you the opportunity to visit the College to promote your vacancy
- Provide a FREE recruitment service
- Work closely with our students to ensure we find the right individual for you
What do you need to do?
- Provide the College with the basic details of the vacancy using our simple online form
- Interview the shortlisted students – this can be done on your premises or at the College
- Support the College in helping to make our students work-ready
Claire McMahon, Youth Education Co-ordinator Torbay, British Red Cross
“South Devon College is an amazingly impressive dynamic place…we attended with the ambition of promoting our educational offer, networking and encouraging volunteering with Youth Education. The event was an excellent profile raising session and since we have had three bookings!”
Sarah Youlden, Assistant Manager at Splashdown Waterparks
“We are extremely grateful for the help and support provided by South Devon College. Our visit to the College enabled us to talk informally about the positions we can offer to the students. In total we have employed 40 successful applicants from South Devon College and we are now in the process of inducting and training them in preparation for the summer season.”
Gary Brenton, Personnel and Development Manager at TLH Leisure Resort, Torquay
“We were very impressed with support from South Devon College staff. We came back with 16 completed application forms!”
If you have any vacancies you would like to register, click here to complete our simple form. If you have any questions about the Job Shop, please contact Kelle Benney, on 08000 380 123 or email@example.com.