Bricklaying Diploma Level 2
The Brickwork Diploma Level 2 is designed to develop and expand upon existing knowledge of the trade, and can act as a progression from the Level 1 Diploma.
During this course you will learn more advanced techniques, including masonry structures such as large cavity walls and timber frame cladding. In addition to this, you will learn about solid walling and develop your skills in building Flemish and English bonds.
Upon completion you will be able to consider employment in the construction industry.
- Maths level E3
- English level E3
- Completion of appropriate level 1 vocational qualification
- Genuine interest in subject
- Health, safety and welfare in construction
- Understanding information, quantities and communication with others
- Understanding construction technology
- Setting out masonry structures
- Constructing solid walling incorporating isolated and attached piers
- Constructing cavity walling to form masonry structures
- Constructing masonry cladding
Please choose your preferred study option below (subject to change).
This course costs: £
If the amount shown is more than £0.00 and you are aged 19 and over at the start of the course, you may have options to help fund your studies with us. The funding you can receive depends on your personal circumstances, and could mean you are entitled to fully subsidised or reduced tuition fees.
This course is fully funded for 16-18 year olds (if applicable to the course).
You may also be entitled to support with travel, childcare and equipment.
To find out exactly what you could receive, contact our Helpzone team on 08000 380 123 for a free, impartial appointment, with no commitment necessary.
My time at South Devon College really helped me excel and realise my potential in the construction industry. There are more options and career paths in construction than I first thought. I started as a carpentry apprentice and I am now training with my employer to become a Site Manager. It's a great industry to get into offering huge variety, and we have a lot of fun along the way too.Ricky Collyer