Key Information Sets
Choosing what subject to study is an important choice for anyone to make, especially during this current time of job uncertainties and rising tuition fees.
To help make your decisions easier we have developed a concise clear approach to highlight the information we think will help you decide on your course of study and continue your journey through education and into employment.
Remember, all the equipment our students are required to use is of the highest quality and will last for the duration of their learning with us.
We offer free wireless internet across the whole campus, minimal parking fees of only £15 a year, great value gym membership, access to our salons and beauty treatments and course resources can be found anywhere and anytime by logging on to our Moodle service.
Below is an introduction to the Key Information Set, we hope you find it useful in deciding what to study. Let the numbers tell the story.
Music created by David Turner – Music Technology student.
The Key Information Set displays
- The success rate of the course; this is an indication of the students who have completed the course alongside those who achieved the qualification. It is used nationally for colleges to compare each other and helps us in planning and managing the courses. Last year we had a success rate of 91.7% overall which we are very happy with.
- A breakdown of where last year’s students have gone on to: Plenty of our students go straight into jobs that require the skills they have learnt with us, others go on to Universities around the country or study with us at our University Centre.
- Student satisfaction based on our internal survey that goes out to all our learners and helps us find areas where we can improve and demonstrates the things we do well.
- The extra qualifications that take place alongside the main course. These are aimed at improving your skills and will benefit you when looking for work.
- Costs involved with the course including transport. We’re being upfront about this as it will enable you to plan and find out if you are eligible to take advantage of the Bursaries on offer to students which could help you study for free.
Click on one of the links below to view one of our KIS data sheets.