Each learner at South Devon College will have a Personal Tutor. This is a learner’s first point of contact for any issues relating to or impacting on their learning. Tutors are also there to share in the learners’ celebration of achievement.
The purpose of the Personal Tutor is to:
- Provide support and motivation for the Personalised Learning Programme (PLP)
- Monitor and improve or enhance learner performance including English and maths
- Identify and reduce barriers to learning
- Develop transferable skills for life through effective delivery of the topics in the Tutorial Scheme of Work
- Develop reflective and independent learners
- Plan and prepare for progression
- Stretch and challenge the learner
In order to fulfil these objectives a range of points may be discussed during Individual Progress Reviews (IPRs). If your young person is under 18 you will receive a review of their progress from all teachers and their Personal Tutor in November and March. You will also be invited in at this time to discuss their progress on their course.